Friday, July 18, 2008

School Suit

I've been at Chancery Court all morning for the hearing on the city funding cuts to MCS, and this won't come as a surprise to any of you legal eagles out there, but I ALWAYS forget how boring court is.

I'm pretty sure I caught at least two people sleeping (in fairness, maybe they were just resting their eyes) and the only thing that keeps me from nodding off is writing down everything anyone says.

Interestingly enough, there weren't any City Council members in attendance (save the gallery appearance of former member TaJuan Stout Mitchell) and lawyer Jay Bailey said he had sent a subpoena to council chair Scott McCormick at city hall, but that McCormick hadn't yet been served.

Council attorney Allan Wade said that Myron Lowery is supposed to be in attendance this afternoon and that seemed to appease Bailey (he needs a representative of the council there for appeal purposes, I believe. Don't quote me).

I guess we'll see.

No comments: